We are compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which came into effect on 25th May 2018.
- Your privacy is important to us. It is The Green Greyhound's policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across our website, http://www.thegreengreyhound.scot, and other sites we own and operate.
- We only ask for personal information when we truly need it to provide a service to you and for genuine business purposes. We collect it by fair and lawful means, with your knowledge and consent. We also let you know why we’re collecting it and how it will be used.
- We only retain collected information for as long as necessary to provide you with your requested service. What data we store, we’ll protect within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We don’t share any personally identifying information publicly or with third-parties, except Mailchimp for the purpose of sending email updates or when required to by law. We may also pass on your address and contact information to Royal Mail or other delivery services as necessary to complete any service obligations to you. Mailchimp is our email partner who processes the sending of some of our emails. More information about their security practices can be found at https://mailchimp.com/about/security/
- Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and practices of these sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy policies.
- You are free to refuse our request for your personal information, with the understanding that we may be unable to provide you with some of your desired services.
- Your continued use of our website will be regarded as acceptance of our practices around privacy and personal information. If you have any questions about how we handle user data and personal information, feel free to contact us at email@example.com
What information we store about you.
If you have opted into our email updates or placed an order with us, we store personal information such as your name, address, phone number and email. If you wish to change your details you can do so in the 'My Account' section of the website or by contacting us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be advised that this information may take a few days to update.
Order history and communications
We keep a record of all your previous orders as necessary for accounting purposes. This information may also be used to help you with any account or delivery queries you may have.
We may occasionally ask you to take part in surveys so that we can find out your opinions for the purposes of improving our product range and service to you. If you chose to take part in these surveys, we keep this information for our in-house analysis only and this information is not shared with third parties.
Your IP address is an identifying number for whichever device you use to access our site and the internet. We store IP addresses for the purposes of analysing market trends, gathering demographic information and prevent abuse of website and services.
We use Google Analytics and Google Signals to analyse our website and improve our services to you, the customer. You can read more about their privacy statement here https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en-US. Data gathered by Google will be anonymised and may include geographical location and youtube history. Google also collect anonymised data from users of this website for the purposes of maintaining, protecting and improving the Google Analytics service, and to perform system critical operations. Google keep all data secure and confidential. Your continued use of this site acts as your agreement in this regard.
Online payment security
If your card is registered for services such as Verified by Visa or Mastercard SecureCode, in some instances, these services will take you to a third party site hosted by them, in order to securely verify your transaction. This information is processed by your issuing card provider and cannot be seen by us at The Green Greyhound.
For your information, we also use Paypal and Worldpay as our payment partners and their privacy statements can be found by following these links.
We will never sell your data
We do not sell data - period.
We use Secure Sockets Layer or SSL Software in order to encrypt the information that you input into our store and search facilities. We do all that we can in order to protect you and your data however, no security system is 100% immune from cyber criminals etc and as such, we cannot guarantee the security of our servers or those of our third party service providers. While we do all that we reasonably can to keep your data safe, we would urge you to be cyber aware. Ways to be cyber aware include (but are not limited to) never disclosing your passwords to anyone or leave them where someone may access them, always log out of your accounts once you have completed your activity or if you leave your laptop or phone unattended and be sure to use secure wifi connections when out and about.
If you suspect someone knows your password, please either change your password immediately in the 'My Account' page. Alternatively, you can notify us immediately via email at email@example.com but please be aware that as a small company we do not have the resources to man our communication channels 24 hours a day and there may be a delay before we see your email and update your account.
How long do we keep your information for?
As per above, we will keep your information for as long as your account is active or for as long as necessary to carry out obligations and service provision to you.
In some cases, we may be legally be required to keep limited details for longer than your account, such as (but not limited to) accounting purposes or fraud prevention
With the exclusion of the reasons given above, you have the right to be forgotten. If you would like your information to be removed, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at 26 Seafield Street, Elgin, IV30 1QZ
You have the right to see what information we hold about you.
If you want to see a copy of the information we hold or how we are using your data, you can request this information in writing. You can either email us at email@example.com or by writing to us at 26 Seafield Street, Elgin, IV30 1QZ and we will provide this information within 1 month of receipt. It may be necessary for us to contact you for additional information so that we can confirm identity or that we can match you accurately to the correct account. While there is no fee for the subject access request, we reserve the right to charge an administration fee to cover the costs of complying with any administrative costs associated with excessive information requests.
- This policy came into effect on 15 July 2020. Last updated 15 July 2020